Once I was certain of my decision to use the mtt_heavy map for my animation project, using my notes I started to place the actors and props in.
There was some trial-and-error with the different tables and chairs available in the Source Filmmaker model library, but I feel I’ve got the right ‘compromise’ – honestly the compromise is better than making the perfect table/props from scratch – it forces one to think on the fly and adapt the storyboards to what’s actually available.
Also swapped out Engineer-Champ’s construction helmet for a rather appropriate Texan cowboy hat – plus has the bonus of freeing up his face a little more for expression.
Once I was done the initial layout (minus cameras), I decided to go ahead and fill the background a bit with some props to keep the sequence interesting. When the cameras are in place and the key poses are sketched in, some of these props may move, or even be removed. Or switched out for something else, if that. It was a good refresher in the object translation/rotation controls in Source Filmmaker!